BAW Seminar: Leadership
Leadership is an essential and important quality. The focus is on questions how to get your team fired up and willing to follow you. Leadership is a skill that can be learned, but doesn't mean the leader is standing back and telling others what to do . It is not belittling or demeaning others who don't do what you tell them to do. Leadership is a skill that must be improved with practice. As a leader you have to accept the task of leading. You have to keep your own position, to discuss with colleagues, to find solutions – accepted by both sides. Leading people means learning to work with people of different functional backgrounds, multiple types of organizations and conflicting groups to achieve your goals.
Target group: Group leaders and Post Docs affiliated with the CIN.
- Understand and develop your capacity to exercise leadership responsibly
- develop your self-awareness
- identify your strengths
- learn how to lead teams through
- how to create trust and respect among your co-workers?
- help your team to establish team spirit
- learn how and why people act “that way”
- deal more effectively with each other
- solve conflicts
- improve your communication skills
- do interviews with employees
- process-orientated work style instead of lecture
- problems and issues of the seminar participants are the focus
- role playing
Trainer: Stephanie Uhlig, journalist (TV), trainer & personal coach
Day, time & location: July 8th & 9th, retraining Sept 24th 2011; 9am to 5pm
- Werner Reichardt Centre for Integrative Neuroscience