-- Bitte beachten: Unsere Informationen über Tierversuche sind hier auch auf Deutsch verfügbar! --
Tierversuche Verstehen is an initiative of many of the largest and most important German research organisations: Alexander von Humboldt Foundation; National Academy of Science Leopoldina; der German Academy Exchange Service (DAAD); German Research Council (DFG); Fraunhofer Society (FhG); Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres (HGF); German Rectors' Conference (HRK); Leibniz Association (WGL); Max Planck Society (MPG); and the German Council of Science and Humanities (WR). This alliance of research organisations provides much information on animal research, including video.
- During a two-day conference held in Basel in 2011, ca. 80 life sciences researchers from Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, France and Great Britain addressed the problems of animal research, resulting in the Basel Declaration, which the CIN has signed.
- Protection of Animals Act (Tierschutzgesetz) of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Tübingen University's information page on animal research, containing official statements and an FAQ section.
- The Importance of Animal Experiments for Research, German Reference Centre for Ethics in the Life Sciences (Deutsches Referenzzentrum für Ethik in den Biowissenschaften - DRZE), Bonn.
- German Primate Center - Leibniz Institute for Primate Research.
- Discussion Project: "Animal Experiments in Research", Helmholtz-Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig.
- Americans for Medical Progress (AMP) provides much information on animal experiments in medical research.
- Speaking of Research is a campus-oriented group that seeks to provide university students and faculty with accurate information and resources about the importance of animal research in medical science.
- Pro-Test Deutschland is a group of pro-animal research students and junior researchers in Germany that provides information on the topic to the general public with the aim of fostering a fair and informed public debate. Content in German and English.
- AnimalResearch.Info is a global resource for scientific evidence in animal research, aiming to provide reliable, detailed information about the use of animals in research in German, English, Italian and French.
- The European Animal Research Association (EARA).
- The German Society of Laboratory Animals (Gesellschaft für Versuchstierkunde; GV-SOLAS) is a non-profit association advocating responsible conduct in animal research. It mediates between animal protection and science to promote the welfare of humans and animals alike.
Statements on animal research:
- Statement by the Leopoldina and the Union of German Science Academies
- Statement by the German Neuroscientific Society
- Information page and statements by the Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics (Tübingen)
- Summary of the state of biomedical research based on animal experimentation by "Mausblick"